Carrot Fennel salad is a tasteful Greek salad, an excellent choice in summer months. It is also a quite healthy salad, due to the increased concentration of vitamins and amino acids in its basic ingredients.
This is a full meal actually and although may not be your first choice when checked out, once you eat it you will ask for more.
Both carrot and fennel are very commonly used in Greek Cuisine, thus, this summery Greek Salad is a perfect way to serve something light and tasteful at the same time. Not to mention that both carrot and fennel have carrotine, that can help you tan better!
Recipe for Carrot and Fennel Salad
- 6 large carrots, washed and grated
- 1 small to medium fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 10 -12 Greek figs, sliced
- Freshly squeezed juice of 2 lemons (or more if you like it)
- 6 slices of preserved or fresh lemons
- Olive oil
- * Optional – Basil or parsley for decoration
Mix grated carrots, fennel slices, figs and lemon juice together. Before serving, add preserved or fresh lemon slices around the salad and add olive oil, or bring a cruet of olive oil to the table and let everyone drizzle its own serving.